Powered by Blogger.

Banana, Mixed Berry and 3 Nut Butter Muffins

Thursday 5 December 2013
three nut butter

I was sent some nut butters to review and bake with by Whole Earth Foods.  Only 3 out of 5 members of the household like peanut butter on toast so I gave friends some to try as we were unlikely to get through it all ourselves.  

We were sent Smooth, Crunchy, 3 Nut Butter and some Milk Chocolate Spread.  My friend Katie was also sent some and you can read her review here.  Here's what we thought:

Milk Chocolate Spread:  My children prefer dark chocolate so I gave the rest of the jar to a friend and her children love it.  It was light and chocolatly and she purchased another jar after being mercilessly pestered.  

Smooth and Crunchy Peanut Butter:  My husband preferred the Chunky so we gave the Smooth Peanut Butter to another family who declared it to be delicious and, although slightly more expensive than their usual brand, they have purchased another jar as they prefer the taste.

3 Nut Butter:  This contains cashews, hazelnuts and peanuts which gives it an interesting flavour.  My husband and kids weren't that enthused so I baked with it instead of having it on toast.


Banana, Mixed Berry and 3 Nut Butter Muffins

These muffins are gluten free, if you use gluten free baking powder, contain no refined sugar or flour.  Packed with protein from the nuts and vitamins from delicious berries they are filling and ideal for an afternoon pick me up with a cuppa.

275g 3 Nut or Peanut Butter
3 small or 2 large over-ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
2 large free range eggs, beaten
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
½ tsp gluten free baking powder
200g frozen berries, I used some foraged hedgerow berries we had in the freezer

Preheat your oven to 180C/160C Fan.  Line a 12 hole muffin tin with paper cases.

In a large bowl beat the peanut butter until completely smooth by hand, using a hand held electric mixer or a stand mixer.  Add the bananas and beat again until smooth.  Add the beaten eggs and vanilla bean paste then beat until completely incorporated, scraping down the sides of the bowl if necessary.  Add a tablespoon or two of icing sugar should you wish to have a sweeter muffin but they are fine without.  

Add the baking powder, beat again briefly then quickly stir through the frozen berries by hand.  Spoon the batter evenly into the paper cases lining your muffin tin.  Bake for 18 - 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean and the tops of the muffins are firm to the touch.  Leave to cool in the tin for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.



I was sent the spreads to review by Whole Earth Foods, I was not paid to write this post and all views are the objective opinions of my family and friends.  

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of the three nut butter. I make my own nut butter now but Whole earth is our preferred brand when we do buy. It's got the least amount of crap and no palm oil from what I remember.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top